Friday, July 21, 2006

CASETTA




I have only just had these pictures of the interior of the casetta [the little house where Simi and I spent our first five weeks here] developed as they were taken with a conventional camera last year. They show:

1] The traditional Sicilian way of locking a door. You can imagine that I felt very safe there.
2] Me in the casetta on the night I left it last July.
3] The kitchen corner, leading to the tiny bathroom.

Giovanna and Marco had managed to equip the house with mod cons, yet preserved its uniquely Sicilian character.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing. Like a cave carved from a huge rock somewhere. Must have been both exciting and worrying, in a way. But definitely an experience. You are so adventurous WL. And Simi too.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Shirl. You're right - it was both and I couldn't have survived those five weeks without Simi, who was not at all bothered bt anything! No-one's ever called me adventurous before!

Anonymous said...

It has great character, like a house in the rock, just as Shirl says, lovely to have such good friends.

Counters


View My Stats