Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A BETTER COLOUR


I just wanted to show you how the colour of my gin ai mirtilli has improved since I added some of the dark myrtle berries to the mixture. It will be ready for straining at the end of February, by my calculations. I was interested to read yesterday that in the Trentino-Alto Adige region of Italy they make a similar concoction using grappa. You don't know grappa? It is a spirit made from grape residue and different regions, towns or even villages are all very proud of their own variety. In my opinion it is strong enough to blow your head off but I used to bring it back from Italy for my grandad who thought it was the best thing since sliced bread - well, better than that, really!

3 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

That's a lovely colour now, so rich and luscious.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful to look at - and beautifult to taste too, I imagine.

Maria said...

ok~ now your talking GRAPPA... oh my gosh my Uncle use to make this and I swear it could remove the varnish off an automobile! lol... The men in my family seem to love this stuff... Why? I'll never know. ~M

Counters


View My Stats