Saturday, December 02, 2006

A DECADENT BREAKFAST




In September I showed you the cotognata [quince paste] that is made here but that was the shop - bought version. The above, I am pleased to tell you, is the real McCoy, or rather "the real McChiara" as it is made with friend Chiara's fair hands. Believe me, there is no comparison in colour, texture or taste! [I put Chiara's recipe on the comments for this post.]
There is nothing like good cotognata on a slice of griddled panettone, which is how I had some this morning. The fruity aroma of the toasting panettone filled the apartment and for me, Christmas has begun!
By the way, under a new law introduced this February, panettone can only go by that name if its makers conform to the approved [naturally leavened] method of making it and include certain compulsory ingredients. [Even the type of egg to be used is specified.] Well done, the Italians, for protecting the quality of their produce.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm licking my lips over this post.

Ballpoint Wren said...

Ay, I miss eating bread!

I think I do my bread-eating vicariously, through your blog.

James Higham said...

...The fruity aroma of the toasting panettone filled the apartment and for me, Christmas has begun!...

Such a pity there's no aroma-blogging. I so want to smell those smells.

Anonymous said...

It looks good enough to eat.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

You're welcome to continue doing so, Bonnie! Aroma-blogging: there's a new concept, James! I like the sound -or smell - of that.

Anonymous said...

Yes, this certainly heightens our taste buds to new levels of arousal, it sounds absolutely scrummy.

Anonymous said...

I bet someone could make a fortune if they opened of a stand here and sold them.

Counters


View My Stats