Saturday, December 16, 2006

MORE WATER CAPERS

The water lorry arrived at 6pm yesterday, driven by a new gentleman who couldn't find the opening in the wall to direct the water into the cistern. It was pitch-dark and it's black as Hades and slippery down the slope leading to it anyway, so no way was I risking breaking my neck going down there. I was the only one in again, but luckily, just as I was beginning to panic, the upstairs neighbour arrived back and he was able to show the driver where the opening is. What's the betting the supply will run out again on Christmas Day?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to survive on your local wine! Does your hairdresser have a different source of water? If not, it could be a bit tricky for him.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Ellee. Today I asked Raff what he does about water and apparently the salon has its own cistern.

Counters


View My Stats