Saturday, December 16, 2006

MY STREET GETS FESTIVE


This pretty arrangement, which appeared a couple of days ago, cheers me up as I walk past it on my way to the shops. Sorry about the car but there's never a time when there isn't one parked there!
Another development in the street - an ironic one for me as I love the place so much - is the building of the new post office premises up here, right on my doorstep. At least it will be easier for me to go there [I was going to write "pop in" but I can't imagine the service speeding up that much!] in the afternoon, when I'm told it's quieter. It does stay open through the siesta hours but in the summer I've just been too hot and bothered by 1pm to make my way down there. Let's hope they recruit more staff and order in some faster computers! I'll keep you - er - posted....

5 comments:

Ballpoint Wren said...

Pat, did you know there is a 50% chance that those poinsettias came from Encinitas, about 2 miles from my house?

James Higham said...

So difficult that you have no e-mail and we have to communicate this way. Yes, there is a code for you to put the banner to your template [sidebar] and I'll put it here tomorrow morning. You're already in the blogroll but if you'd like a copy of that, I can paste that code as well. Bit late now - will be done tomorrow morning.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, James. Just tried to send you an email so hope you got it. Mucking around with the sidebar scares me!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures.

Anonymous said...

I can't muck around with my sidebar either.

Reading this post has reminded me that I have some cyclamen to plant in pots for my front porch, I love beautiful gardens and the creativity and pleasure that nature brings.

Counters


View My Stats