Tuesday, June 26, 2007

CUI PECCA E POI S'AMMENNA..

Cui pecca e poi s'ammenna,
a Diu si raccummanna
= He who sins then makes amends commends himself to God.
- Sicilian proverb.
A nice story [unavailable online] in Il Giornale di Sicilia today: It is now so hot that people are spending their entire Sundays at the sea and are not even attending afternoon Mass. So from next Sunday the Carmine Church in Modica Bassa will stay open after Sunday supper time and there will be a Mass at 22.30. Even God, it seems, must have pazienza in the heat.

3 comments:

jmb said...

Well that makes sense to me. Maybe the church is a cool place to hang out in this heat.

Lee said...

We're having chilly weather here today. The rain stopped overnight and a cold wind replaced it. At least my washing got dry. The cats kept running outside at times throughout the day only to promptly turn around and come back inside. They prefer the warmth of my cabin, as do I.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, jmb - the churches are cool and, not being religious, I stop by now and again in one to contemplate. I bet you and cats are really cosy there, Lee!

Counters


View My Stats