Sunday, February 17, 2008

CHICKEN WITH OLIVE PASTE


I am not a fan of the olive paste that comes in tubes, but the type we can get here in jars, from delis, is sublime and made to traditional methods. So I looked around for a recipe in which I could use up a fair quantity of it, and came across one in an old Good Housekeeping book of mine: it contains chicken joints, the paste, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts [this time bought marinated in a pack though we can also buy frozen ones here] green pepper strips, shallots and I just had to add a dollop of 'strattu [tomato paste]. It turned out much better than I expected!

3 comments:

jmb said...

I'll be right over to taste that yummy looking dish Welshcakes. I hope you did not have to use any water.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, jmb. You'll be very welcome. I made it before the water went off!

Whispering Walls said...

That looks good: is that basil or spinach with it?

Counters


View My Stats