Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I SECONDI

Here's a great scene from another favourite film of mine - Big Night [1996]. I can't tell you how many times, in Italy but especially in Sicily, I've felt exactly like the people at this table! You are replete and content; in fact, you could really do with a sleep, when suddenly a pièce de résistance dish arrives! You think you are dreaming - "Surely there can't be any more!" - but the aroma wakes you up and you find room. [I've also felt the way the cooks do!]

Big Night - I Secondi

10 comments:

Gledwood said...

"They" say Italian cooking is so effortlessly far superior to the French... and I for one believe them!!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Ciao, Gleds. So do I!

James Higham said...

The Sicilian table is a fine thing and there are always surprises.

Unknown said...

Great film!

Betty said...

I loved it!

jmb said...

Indeed a great film. Always room for more is why I am too rotund for my own good.

Sean Jeating said...

Ha ha, surely there can be some more? ... !

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

We actually agree, James! Lost and Betty - glad you like it, too. I'm sure you're not, jmb! Ciao, Sean. Of course...

marymaryquitecontrary said...

Have you seen ,"Like Water for Chocolate" Another great "foodie" film. You will need your tissues.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, MM. Yes, I have but thank you for reminding me. I will watch it again - when I 've stocked up on tissues!

Counters


View My Stats