Monday, April 27, 2009

AN ITALO-ALBANIAN LUNCH

Lunch with Rosa and her family today:

First, there were new potatoes cooked with pancetta and herbs, served with salad, olives and excellent bread



then pasta al forno containing the sweetest, homemade tomato sauce



followed by beautifully cooked veal



and then Albanian cheese. I asked if it had a special name and Rosa replied that it didn't. But when I asked if it was feta, she said it was. Anyway, it was delicious.



For dessert there was fruit and I'd taken along the now famous tiramisù alle fragole.

Many thanks to Rosa and her family for a magnificent feast and a lovely, relaxing day.

7 comments:

Saretta said...

Yum! How nice to have friends who spoil you! :-)

Whispering Walls said...

I wish you could tell me your tiramisu alle fragole recipe!

James Higham said...

Mmmmmmmmmm!

Gledwood said...

careful with pancetta it might come from a flu-ridden swine!

CherryPie said...

Hungry again but at least my dinner is nearly ready ;-)

jmb said...

Has Rosa become Italian in her cooking? That sounds like a wonderful feast you all enjoyed.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, WW. I'll email it. You would have enjoyed it, James. Hi, Gleds. I'll worry about that another day! Hi, Cherie. Glad the timing was right for you! Hi, jmb. She has become quite Italian in her cooking, yes, but there's always an Albanian touch.

Counters


View My Stats