Tuesday, June 29, 2010

ITALY MAGAZINE ROUND-UP

Football of course dominated the headlines at the end of last week and I, who know nothing about the subject and couldn't even lift the ball, let alone kick it, would not dare offer a technical opinion.  For Italy Magazine I did, however, sum up reactions in Italy to the national team's defeat.

Long ago, when I first came to Italy, I used to have "If they could see me now" moments whenever I rode in the Alfa Romeo that belonged to the family I was staying with, so news about a very special birhday party in Milan brought back happy memories.


Happy reading!

5 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Wow! Great finds! I shall save the article and the links. Thanks.

Saretta said...

Have you been to all of those less crowded locations? How did you find those shops? Enquiring minds want to know! :-)

Michelle said...

Too bad about Italy; as an American I can relate to being out of the World Cup and feeling down about it. Did you know USA's goalkeeper Tim Howard lives in Memphis? Here's the link to an article from our daily paper: http://m.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jun/27/no-late-miracle/

Nevermind, we'll both have our chances again!

Nice article about the little known food finds too.

Liz Hinds said...

Just catching up.

You look very glam in your tricolore necklace.

And those ice creams ...

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thank you, lakeviewer. Hi, Saretta. Research, research, research! Hi, Michelle. No, I didn't know Tim Howard was from Memphis. Thanks for the link. I don't even follow footie but I was disappointed for Italy! Glad you liked the food finds article. Hi, Liz. Thank you kindly. One day you must come over and sample the ice cream!

Counters


View My Stats