Friday, July 23, 2010

FRIDAY FUN - I WRITE LIKE...

I found this over at Liz's blog.  You paste something you have written into the thingamy and it tells you who you write like.  I just had to have a go so I pasted in part of a blog post and here is the result:



I write like
H. P. Lovecraft
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


H P Lovecraft? Well, Wiki does say he wrote weird fiction...


Then Simi wanted a go so we pasted in her latest blog post:



Liz, who apparently writes like Cory Doctorow too, will be thrilled to know she writes like Simi!  Like Liz, we didn't know who Cory Doctorow was either - no offence, Cory - so we looked him up.  I always knew Simi was an intellectual.

Finally I pasted in part of one of my Italy Magazine articles and I'm sure my colleagues there will be pleased to know this:


I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


13 comments:

Saretta said...

I have done this with a blog post and it told me I write like Stephen King...I wondered if that meant my writing was horrifying?!

Betty said...

I write like Cory Doctorow too. Hmmm...perhaps that's Cory's site. It is getting his name out in front of the public. I never heard of him either. :)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

No, I think it means your writing's exciting, Saretta! Hi, Betty. I never thought of that!

Michele Boselli said...

Thank you for this. Looks like I happen to wrike like Wallace, Brown, Poe, Joyce and Shakespeare all rolled into one

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'd expect no less of you, Miss Welby.

Rosaria Williams said...

Now, I'm truly curious! How reliable is this what-you-call it?

Rosaria Williams said...

p.s. I know I left a comment on the Veal Polpettone post and it disappeared. Gone with the wind or something like it. I wanted you to know that we don't get veal often enough to even try such a recipe. Perhaps I can use lamb.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, lakeviewer. I think it's just a bit of fun. I didn't get your comment about the polpettonre post - sorry. I think the recipe would work with other types of mince.

Liz Hinds said...

I am honoured to have the same style as Cory and more importantly Simi. (Does either of write sci-fi though?!)

RNSANE said...

Very interesting...but I think I'd rather not know!

Maria said...

i can't wait to try this!!!!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Liz. Simi is honoured too! Carmen, you write like you - you're unique in the nicest possible way.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Just saw your result on fb, Maria. Joyce - wow!

Counters


View My Stats