Monday, July 26, 2010

SILLY WEEK: SILLY PACKAGING

I find it very easy to be silly - in fact, I've almost made a career of it - so I was delighted when the Man in a Shed announced the second annual Bloggers' Silly Week.  What's the point of it?  To report silly things and to be silly!

To kick off, I have to say that I am not one to get particularly worked up about environmental issues but this packaging of a magazine strikes me as not only wasteful but extremely silly.  In Italy, nearly all magazines come like this and Italian "Vanity Fair" is the worst offender, for it has the tightest plastic wrapping and there is usually nothing extra inside it but a facsimile of the cover.  Strangely enough, if I buy a magazine I want to read it, not spend half an hour hacking it free.  But perhaps that is silly of me.

3 comments:

CherryPie said...

That does seem rather silly to me!!

Gledwood said...

Is it to stop people standing there in Italian WH Smiths reading 'em all for free..?
Not that I would ever do a thing like that.

Vanity Fair magazine is very useful for separating mating hammies if they start having a lovers' tiff. Otherwise the girl hammy will try and bite the boy hammy in the ...!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Indeed it is, Cherie. Hi, Gleds. I never thought of that!

Counters


View My Stats