Sunday, August 15, 2010

"IL PRANZO DI FERRAGOSTO"

I love this film, in which Gianni Di Gregorio, as Gianni, a middle-aged man who lives with his mother, does a ferragosto deal with his apartment block administrator:  if Gianni will look after the administrator's mother for the ferragosto holiday, the administrator will forget about some of the maintenance fees owed by Gianni.  On the day, the administrator arrives not only with his mother, but also his aunt.  Gianni rises to the challenge but, exhausted, calls a doctor friend to give him a tranquilliser - and ends up looking after his friend's mother too!





It reminds me of this episode of the 1980s Richard Briers comedy series, Ever Decreasing Circles:




Ferragosto evening view, from my bedroom:


5 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

So funny! I do hope your water woes have eased up a bit.
If not, you may want to book a ticket to visit me here in Oregon, where water is abundant, the weather is temperate, and the panoramas look a lot like Great Britain.

Jan Pag said...

Wonderful - I love 'Il Pranzo....', one of my favourite films that celebrates older women.I have bought it for several women friends! Time to watch it again...

Ellee Seymour said...

Let's hope they have plenty of water in Wales when I visit there next weekend.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, lakeviewer. Well, we still haven't had a delivery! It sounds great over there. Hi, Jan Pag. Yes, it's a great film.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Ellee. Give my love to Wales!

Counters


View My Stats