Friday, October 08, 2010

ITALY MAGAZINE ROUND-UP - 17



Here is my pick of last week's Italy Magazine articles:

I very much enjoyed talking to Dana of the Stresa Sights blog  and I learnt a lot from her about that lovely part of Italy.

If you like torrone, this festival is for you and, staying with food, I can't wait to try out Katia's recipe for chocolate fondue with chilli.

Those of you lucky enough to be travelling in the Padua area during October will have a chance to see this interesting exhibition  and, for cycling fans visiting Rome, there is the Fausto Coppi exhibition.

The saddest news story of the week was surely this and I was sorry to read on Monday that the search had been called off.   This was the week in which Italy's Tourism Minister called for the removal of an iPhone application which plays on that old joke, the Mafia - except that it is not, of course, a joke - and I can't say I blame her.  I had a great time summing up Milan Fashion Week and decided that, when I win the lottery, it will be Armani blue and Alviero Martini 1 Classe for me!  It's always reassuring to know what Italy's Supreme Court is up to and that esteemed institution did not let us down last week.

Finally, for my Patti Chiari column, I wrote about the "unofficial saint of Modica", Nino Baglieri, a man I wish I had known. Sadly, Nino is no longer with us but his spirit lives on here in his home town.

Happy reading.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

WL,
I love torrone. It reminds me of my great grandmother who always had the little individually boxed and foil wrapped pieces in her house.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Michelle. I like the white kind.

Counters


View My Stats