Friday, December 03, 2010

ITALY MAGAZINE ROUND-UP - 25



Here is my pick of last week's Italy Magazine articles:

First of all, if you're heading down towards the Italian islands in January, here is an event not to be missed in Sardinia.

Student protests against education cuts continued across the country all week and, although I can understsnd the frustration of tourists who found their way into sites like the Leaning Tower of Pisa barred, I have to say that I admire the young people for standing up for what they believe in and proving that Italy is still a democracy.

Pisa is about more than the Tower, however and the city is host to an interesting Joan Mirò exhinition until 23rd January.  In Rome, another famous tourist site is to get a makeover  while down in Naples the EU wants some money back.

For my Patti Chiari column I wrote about Sicilian surnames and some of the nicknames associated with them.

Happy reading.

No comments:

Counters


View My Stats