Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS WHAT THEY SEEM"

"Things are not always what they seem", admonishes this old postcard, which I've had in my collection for as long as I can remember:


And this afternoon that's what I told some of my students, who were surprised when my friend Lucia turned up at the school bearing this bottle as a gift:



The bottle contains something that I appreciate far more than whisky, namely some of Lucia's own olive oil.  It has a lovely, clear colour and tastes delicious.


Grazie, Lucia!

4 comments:

CherryPie said...

What a lovely gift :-)

Rosaria Williams said...

Oh, most appreciated, I'm sure.

Whispering Walls said...

I'm not sure...I think I'd prefer a wee dram

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Cherie and Rosaria - yes, it was. I can't have a dram of anything any more, WW!

Counters


View My Stats