Tuesday, August 09, 2011

LAMB PIECES WITH CHERRY TOMATOES & MUSHROOMS




When you finally receive the supermarket points pan that you have been waiting for since February and, on the same day, your butcher has some lamb pieces which he has marinated with pink peppercorns, seasalt,  rosemary and garlic, it is a sign that you should use the lamb to inaugurate the pan, no?  Lamb is not often found here outside the Easter season, although it is beginning to be sold more often than it was when I arrived six years ago. 

Anyway, here is the recipe that I invented last night and I am calling it Better-Late-than-Never-Pan Lamb:

Heat 3 tablesp olive oil in a pan and add 500 gr fairly large, bone-in, lamb pieces which have been marinated as described above.  Cook, turning, for about 10 mins and then add 2 sliced shallots.  Continue cooking for 5 mins. Then add about 300 ml white wine and, when it has reduced a bit, the contents of a can of cherry tomatoes in their liquid.  [If you can't get this where you live you could use fresh cherry tomatoes and a small box of passata.] Mix it all well and add about 250 gr mushrooms, cut into chunks if large.  Mix again, put the lid on and cook over a low heat for 50 mins.  Serve with salad.

Buon appetito.

5 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Delicious!

Claude said...

What a great dish! I can hardly wait to do it for my son on Friday. It looks so good. Many thanks again, Pat.

Whispering Walls said...

Sounds very good. Do you think white wine's better that red for that?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thank you, jams. Thanks, Claude - again, I am flattered. Thanks, WW. I think it might be.

Cuby said...

As my eyes alighted on your post I just knew it was going to be a good one.It looks divine, sounds divine and I feel sure it will taste divine too.Thanks for this.

Counters


View My Stats