Wednesday, September 07, 2011

BACON DAY COOKING

Saturday was International Bacon Day and in honour of the occasion I made this from the "cookbook that never lets me down", Marcella Hazan's Marcella Cucina.  I've featured the dish before on the blog but not for four years, so I hope you'll forgive me!  It's Marcella's involtini di maiale - pork escalope rolls filled with slices of wafer-thin pancetta and gherkins. The dish is flavoured with garlic and sage.  I now use canned  pomodorini [cherry tomatoes] in recipes requiring a can of chopped tomatoes:


10 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

mmmm another tasty dish.. we would love this :-)

sally in norfolk said...

looks delish and such a lovely colour too x

CherryPie said...

It looks very tasty.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, jams. Hi, Anne. Glad you like this one - it really is one of my favourites. Thanks, Sally and Cherie.

Rosaria Williams said...

International Bacon Day? Darn, I missed it!

Whispering Walls said...

Another one to try!

Beyond Survivor said...

Now I'm hungry!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Rosaria. I only found out about it through twitter! Hope it turns out well for you, WW. Buon appetito, Jan.

RNSANE said...

Another sleepless night for me as I am down to my last two weeks in India. This looks absolutely delicious and I wish someone would have happened by and offered me a sampling. National Bacon Day...ummmm, I do like these special cclebrations. I do know that, when I get home, first order of business is going to be a very RARE steak and some really good wine.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, Carmen. When will you actually get home?

Counters


View My Stats