Tuesday, March 19, 2013

SAN GIUSEPPE'S WINDOW

As San Giuseppe's and Father's Day in Italy draws to a close, I think of my own lovely Dad and how he would have loved this portrait of the saint. I've posted the picture before but some of you may not have seen it. The window is in Modica Bassa and the grille across it is only open for a few days around the Feast of San Giuseppe.

San Giuseppe is believed to have saved Sicily from famine and in some towns altars of bread are created in his honour. San Giuseppe is the protector of artisans, carpenters, cabinet-makers, bursars, workmen, lawyers and, of course, fathers everywhere.

3 comments:

annechung said...

I remember being in Agrigento on San Guiseppe's day and ate the delicious pastry that they make for that day. I want to go back just to eat those pastry, the one with the ricotta filling and the candied fruit. Mmmmmmmm

Patricia said...

I just love those little street shrines!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Anne. That must have been fantastic. Thanks, jams. Me too, Patricia.

Counters


View My Stats