Friday, October 17, 2014

FEASTING WITH MY SISTER



My sister had found me after 64 years, she and her husband had flown to Sicily to be with me and now it was up to Sicily [and me] to pull the culinary stops out!

Last Friday morning we had coffee and extras with international friends. There were some very British sandwiches and some very Sicilian almonds


and lots of other treats as well:




Later we succumbed to gelato at the Marina



and later still I decided it was time for Sicilian fast food in the form of focacce, arancini and a pasticcio [pie]:



On Monday we enjoyed a special feast with friends


and had a very jolly time:


On Tuesday I arranged a festa so that all my friends and students could meet Jill and Paul and if I'm having a festa there have to be Welshcakes


and a tipsy cake , along with my chocolate thingies. And why not some chocolate and lime truffles too?


 I left the rest of the catering in the capable hands of Bar Cicara and they did us proud:



The Pasticceria Delizie D'Autore  made the wonderful cake, to my design. It bears the flags of the four countries the occasion united - England, Wales, Italy and the USA [I'll explain the US connections in another post] - plus a windmill to represent Jill's home county of Norfolk, UK and Modica's famous clock tower.


And we finally got to cut it!


There's no better place than Sicily for a welcome and some fine feasting!

5 comments:

CherryPie said...

That is a great spread of food, I am sure it was all tasty.

I love the design of the cake :-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It was, Cherie and I'm glad you like the look of the cake.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

A great Culinary post , all looks tasty. I am sure everyone enjoy the fantastic feast, How could they not.

I am more interested in how your sister found you after all this time. xox

Lee said...

What a wonderful time you and Jill are sharing. So special. I think it's absolutely wonderful for you both, Pat. :)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, Anne. All in good time.... Thank you, Lee.

Counters


View My Stats