Friday, April 22, 2016

A BIT OF A DO

I'm not known for my monarchist leanings but it would have been churlish not to dress up for the Queen yesterday, wouldn't it?




After all, one has to hand it to the Queen!



And over at London Town, Modica - Centro Linguistico Internazionale, we decided to have a bit of a do. Many thanks to Cicara Caffeteria and Delizie D'Autore.




The Queen arrived a day late because she couldn't fit us in yesterday. But today she popped in for a nice cup of tea and our students had some questions for her.






These included the most important question of all which is, of course, a culinary one!


Buon compleanno, MaestĂ !

5 comments:

Saucy Siciliana said...

What a wonderful post and you look absolutely gorgeous! I love the hair and the nails, you look rally posh Pat! I am delighted to see you! You are tempting us with those sweets first thing in the morning!

Lee said...

She outlasted many prime ministers and presidents over the years of her reign. Whether one is a monarchist or not really doesn't matter....she's a woman who has kept to her word and has continued doing the job she never really applied for. :)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thank you so much, Saucy Siciliana - you have cheered me up! Hi, Lee. Yes, there won't be another like her.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a wonderful party you had for the Queen with your students! She was crowned Queen the year I was born! I hope she has the best of health and happiness in the decade ahead.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Pat. Yes, we had fun! I remember the Coronation - I was three and I had a whole set of "Queen" clothes to dress up in! I thought anyone could get to be Queen!

Counters


View My Stats